Change notes about gcc requirement to 9+, fio to 3.16+
3 months ago
1 changed files
Download Patch File
Download Diff File
@@ -267,7 +267,7 @@ Vitastor with single-thread NBD on the same hardware:
- Install lp_solve.
- Install etcd.
- Install node.js 12 or newer.
- Install gcc and g++ 9.x.
- Install gcc and g++ 9.x
- Clone https://yourcmc.ru/git/vitalif/vitastor/ with submodules.
- Install QEMU 4.x or 5.x, get its source, begin to build it, stop the build and copy headers:
- `<qemu>/include` → `<vitastor>/qemu/include`
@@ -281,9 +281,7 @@ Vitastor with single-thread NBD on the same hardware:
* `<qemu>/config-host.h` → `<vitastor>/qemu/b/qemu/config-host.h`
* `<qemu>/qapi` → `<vitastor>/qemu/b/qemu/qapi`
- `config-host.h` and `qapi` are required because they contain generated headers
- Install fio 3.16, get its source and symlink it into `<vitastor>/fio`. It doesn't currently
build with fio 3.20 or newer due to the conflicts between g++ and gcc's atomics. This will
be fixed in the future.
- Install fio 3.16 or later, get its source and symlink it into `<vitastor>/fio`.
- Build Vitastor with `make -j8`.
- Copy binaries somewhere.
@@ -313,9 +311,12 @@ and calculate disk offsets almost by hand. This will be fixed in near future.
- `disk_alignment`, `journal_block_size`, `meta_block_size` should be set to the internal
block size of your SSDs which is 4096 on most drives.
- `journal_no_same_sector_overwrites true` prevents multiple overwrites of the same journal sector.
Some SSDs (like Intel D3-4510) don't like such overwrites so they benefit from this setting.
When this setting is set, it is also required to raise `journal_sector_buffer_count` setting,
which is the number of dirty journal sectors that may be written to at the same time.
Most (99%) SSDs don't need this option. But Intel D3-4510 does because it doesn't like when you
overwrite the same sector twice in a short period of time. The setting forces Vitastor to never
overwrite the same journal sector twice in a row which makes D3-4510 almost happy. Not totally
happy, because overwrites of the same block can still happen in the metadata area... When this
setting is set, it is also required to raise `journal_sector_buffer_count` setting, which is the
number of dirty journal sectors that may be written to at the same time.
- `systemctl start vitastor.target` everywhere.
- Start any number of monitors: `cd mon; node mon-main.js --etcd_url 'http://10.115.0.10:2379,http://10.115.0.11:2379,http://10.115.0.12:2379,http://10.115.0.13:2379' --etcd_prefix '/vitastor' --etcd_start_timeout 5`.
- At this point, one of the monitors will configure PGs and OSDs will start them.