- Copyright (c) Vitaliy Filippov (vitalif [at] yourcmc.ru), 2019+
- All server-side code (OSD, Monitor and so on) is licensed under the terms of
- Vitastor Network Public License 1.1 (VNPL 1.1), a copyleft license based on
- GNU GPLv3.0 with the additional "Network Interaction" clause which requires
- opensourcing all programs directly or indirectly interacting with Vitastor
- through a computer network and expressly designed to be used in conjunction
- with it ("Proxy Programs"). Proxy Programs may be made public not only under
- the terms of the same license, but also under the terms of any GPL-Compatible
- Free Software License, as listed by the Free Software Foundation.
- This is a stricter copyleft license than the Affero GPL.
- Please note that VNPL doesn't require you to open the code of proprietary
- software running inside a VM if it's not specially designed to be used with
- Basically, you can't use the software in a proprietary environment to provide
- its functionality to users without opensourcing all intermediary components
- standing between the user and Vitastor or purchasing a commercial license
- from the author 😀.
- Client libraries (cluster_client and so on) are dual-licensed under the same
- VNPL 1.1 and also GNU GPL 2.0 or later to allow for compatibility with GPLed
- software like QEMU and fio.
- You can find the full text of VNPL-1.1 in the file [VNPL-1.1.txt](VNPL-1.1.txt).
- GPL 2.0 is also included in this repository as [GPL-2.0.txt](GPL-2.0.txt).