You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
Documentation → Configuration Reference
Vitastor configuration consists of:
- Configuration parameters (key-value)
- Pool configuration
- OSD placement tree configuration
- Separate OSD settings
- Inode configuration i.e. image metadata like name, size and parent reference
Configuration parameters can be set in 3 places:
- Configuration file (
/etc/vitastor/vitastor.confor other path)
- etcd key
/vitastor/config/global. Most variables can be set there, but etcd connection parameters should obviously be set in the configuration file.
- Command line of Vitastor components: OSD, mon, fio and QEMU options, OpenStack/Proxmox/etc configuration. The latter doesn't allow to set all variables directly, but it allows to override the configuration file and set everything you need inside it.
In the future, additional configuration methods may be added:
- OSD superblock which will, by design, contain parameters related to the disk layout and to one specific OSD.
- OSD-specific keys in etcd like